Ok.. yes and yes. I love avocado and sadly I love fried food too. So with my secret diet (shhhh) on hold for the night we tried fried avocado.
Panko bread crumbs
1. Cut the avocado into strips. (To make your life a lot easier.. first cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the seed. Then cut your strips while the fleshy part is still in the shell. Scoop of the strips with your knife.)
2. Dip the avocado strip in flour and shake off any excess.
3. Dip it in the egg and shake off the excess.
4. Roll it in the panko crumbs.
5. Fry in oil until light brown.
I dipped mine in ranch.. and I was in heaven. I mean if Im going to eat fried avocado might as well throw in some extra calories. In the end it was worth it for the night.. not something Ill make often because its a pretty time consuming process. But oh so yummy.
Have you tried a new recipe lately? Show me! I love food. Duh 🙂