Thick and chewy, these caramel macchiato blondie bars are perfect for dessert or for breakfast with coffee!
When we went over to my parents house this weekend my day had some golf tournament on TV. I’m not a big golf fan but for some reason I was intrigued. And since it was either golf in the living room or Peppa Pig in the play room, I picked golf. I started asking all kinds of questions – how fast does the ball come off the tee? Whats an eagle? Why doesn’t that guy shave his mustache? My dad looked at me and said “You’ve never been interested in golf before, why now?”
And that’s sort of true. I like the idea of golf, I’ve just never found time to actually play it. [And I’m not a big fan of watching sports on TV that I’ve never played. Weird, I know.] Ryon and I would hit golf balls around his parents back yard and I wasn’t any good. My golf swing is horrible because I swing and pivot like I do in softball. Well, it was. I haven’t tried to play in over 5 years. I told Ryon next weekend we were going to the driving range.
He agreed of course. He loves to play golf and is pretty good at it. Our wedding was at a country club in Michigan and part of the package was the groomsmen got a free round of golf the day before the event. Which is cool and all, but the day before the wedding I got stuck doing everything for the 4 hours it took him to play a round. [Not that I’m bitter or anything.] So this next weekend I’ll be hitting some golf balls with the hubby. I’ll let you know how it goes.. good or bad. Maybe. I’m hoping for good. Fingers crossed. Ah heck. I better practice before our date.
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons milk, warmed
- caramel for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a 13x9 baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix the graham crackers, sugar and 1/2 cup of melted butter together.
- Press it in the bottom of the baking dish and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Cream the butter and both of the sugars together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter on top of graham cracker crust, reserving about 1/4.
- Mix the espresso powder and the warm milk together then add it to the reserve blondie batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the espresso mixture on top of the blondies in the pan and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove, let cool and top with caramel sauce.
And sign up for our emails and have coffee goodness delivered right to your inbox!