These almond joy bites are quick and easy to make and perfect for company.
Hey yall! How is your Christmas shopping coming along? I think I’m doing good. I get to this point every year. I have the kids done and I feel like a huge weight is lifted off. Yesss! The closet is stocked full of hidden gifts and I feel like I can sit back and relax.
And then I write out who I have left to buy gifts for and I start to get antsy. I still have my whole family to buy for! Insert panic mode here.
You would think that since I love to make lists that I would get to this point sooner. But nope. Totally not the case. I think it’s because I start to gather gifts for the kids in August. I see something they would like and snag it early. I’m not a big online shopper but I do love me some Zulily. They have great deals but I have to shop early because I know they take awhile to ship.
And to be totally honest – I’m not even sure what I have hidden in the closet for them. I have a general idea but its really a surprise for me when I start wrapping.
For the next few weeks I will be brainstorming gifts and hopefully crossing off a few names on my list. And baking. Shopping and baking. Because that’s how I deal with stress.
Oh I have 8 people I need gifts for in 4 days? Perfect. I’ll make some Almond Joy bites and then worry about it.
See? It works out perfectly.
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (14 oz) bag of shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg white, beaten
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- handful of almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking liner.
- In a large bowl mix together the sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut, vanilla extract and egg white.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the edges of the macaroons are slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- While cooling, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or using a double boiler.
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons in chocolate and allow to cool - chocolate side up.
- Place one almond in the center of the macaroon and drizzle with chocolate. Repeat on remaining macaroons.
- Allow the chocolate to harden and enjoy!