These homemade strawberry funfetti cupcakes are bursting with flavor AND sprinkles!
Hey friends! How about some strawberry funfetti cupcakes today?? I think I could eat these cupcakes everyday.. but that’s just me! They are homemade and full of strawberry goodness. Once I started making cupcakes from scratch and realized how easy they were, I tossed the box. This homemade version is 9 million times better then anything at the store and so moist because of the fresh strawberries.
Have I sold you them yet? If not – they are filled with sprinkles! Which makes everything better, of course.
Now these cupcakes are not blazing pink because I didn’t add any food coloring to them. The fresh strawberries give them a nice pink tint without having to use artificial dyes. WHICH I LOVE! I’m not anti-food coloring but we try to avoid it when possible. So if I can make a homemade pink cupcake without dye – I’m there!
I’ve made these cupcakes many times too. We’ve had them for Ryley’s birthday and I’ve made them for friends parties as well. They always go over well. And by that I mean they DISAPPEAR. People love them. This batch was made as test run for one of my friends little girls birthday party this month. The recipe makes 2 dozen. With 4 kids and 2 parents around at the time we put a nice dent into them but I ended up sending more then a dozen home with her.
So yes. They are tasted tested and approved by my exclusive tasting committe. Aka my kiddos and their friends. Enjoy!
- For the cupcake -
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of washed, cut strawberries
- 1 cup of sprinkles
- For the frosting:
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 4 -5 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake liners with paper.
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in between.
- Add the vanilla, oil and milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until all lumps are gone.
- Add the strawberries and mix on the highest speed for 1 minute. Fold in the sprinkles.
- Pour mixture into cupcake pan, filling ¾ of the way with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Let cool completely.
- Beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly to the mix. Add milk slowly until you've reached your desired consistency.
- Frost cooled cupcakes. Enjoy!
Like this post? Be sure to check out:
Like it? PIN IT!