Love the lemon loaf from Starbucks? Make it at home with this easy copycat recipe!
Oh man.. yall. I know that everyone is aware of my love for Starbucks. I used to go WAY to often and spend WAY too much money and time at the coffee shop. (Whyyyy does it take so long in the drive thru??)
I still go on occasion but I have this weird obsession with re-creating their eats and drinks at home. And since all three of my pregnancies have made me crave lemon and I love Starbucks and I want like re-creating their recipes at home – copycat lemon loaf!
I remember with Ryley I wanted nothing but water with lemon. The more lemon the better. But not lemonade – just ice cold water with lemon. And literally minutes after I would have horrible heart burn. You know the kind that burns your throat? Yea, that. But I craved lemon water and I HAD TO HAVE IT. Burning throat and all.
Avery was the same. I wanted all the lemon water I could get my hands on when I was pregnant with him. It was my absolute favorite. Thanks goodness for jumbo packages of Tums!
And now? I still crave lemon this time around. Not as much as with the first two babes but I have a theory on that. This is the first that I’ve been pregnant AND blogging. I know it sounds silly but I see a lot of food every day. I like to share mouthwatering recipes on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. In order to do that I need a library of great recipes. And I have that! I have a stash of recipes just waiting to be shared with yall.
Trouble with that is – I want all the food! My cravings change daily, sometimes hourly depending on what I stumble upon. One day I am all about fresh veggies, the next Mexican, and then sometimes just sweets. Trust me though – lemon is still up at the top! Which is why I needed to have this lemon loaf on hand at all times. Just in case the need arises for a slice of lemon-y goodness without the hassle of getting dressed, loading the kids in the car and waiting in the drive thru.
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup buttermilk
- zest of one lemon
- Glaze -
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and flour a bread pan. (I used at 12x5).
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with a handheld, whisk together the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Slowly incorporate the buttermilk and lemon zest and blend well.
- Pour the mix into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the glaze -
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, whole milk and lemon extract until you reach your desired consistency. Spread over cooled loaf and enjoy!
- Store lemon loaf in the fridge for up to one week.
Like this recipe? Be sure to check out:
Like it? PIN IT!