Have a sweet tooth? This homemade arroz con leche is here to help!
Hey yall! I am super excited to be partnering up with HEB again this year! HEB is our big grocery store down here in Texas. My first real job was at HEB as a bagger/carry-out and I loved it.
When we lived in Michigan one of the things I missed most was HEB. I literally grew up going there and they have some of the best products. From the pre-seasoned fajitas to the Texas shaped corn chips to chupacabra rub- I was one lonely Texas girl up in the great white north.
Pssst.. want my free family favorite desserts e-book? Sign up below for one + weekly updates!
I missed the craziest things while we lived in Michigan. Homemade tortillas smothered in butter. Quesadillas with extra grilled onions. Big fat avocados. Homemade arroz con leche. All things comfort food that I grew up enjoying.
Arroz con leche means rice with milk. And that’s essentially what it is – rice pudding drenched in sweetened and condensed milk. It’s absolutely delicious.
In honor of Texas Independence Day (which is March 2nd), HEB has some tasty Texas picks in their stores. All of which are sourced locally here in Texas. We tried the Vela farms Sweet Tea jelly for breakfast one morning. SO good! And it’s made grown and made an hour away from us in Victoria. How cool is that?? !
I made this arroz con leche to celebrate and I am super excited to share it with yall today. It’s so easy to whip up and can be eaten as a dessert or a quick breakfast. (My kids had it as both!)
PS.. I made arroz con leche popsicles! Check them out for a cool treat!
Sign up for more recipes and a free e-book!
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup white rice
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- ground cinnamon for topping
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and cinnamon sticks to a boil. Add the rice, reduce heat and bring to a boil again.
- Stir in 2 cups of the milk until the rice starts to thicken. Add in the other two cups of milk, vanilla extract and the sweetened and condensed milk. Allow to simmer until til thick or your desired consistency.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks, allow to cool, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
Like this post? Be sure to check out:
Like it? PIN IT!