I love this time of year – I really do – but sometimes its just a little bit crazy. Between baking [leave those cookies alone!], shopping [no this toy isn’t for you!], wrapping [if I were tape – where would I be?] and trying to capture memories [SMILE! Its Santa!] sometimes all I want to do is nap! But we push on because we are moms and its our job to create lasting memories that our kids will cherish forever. [Right?!] Sprout Channel calls these “Holiday Moments” and I can list quite a few of my own. Instead of listing them all, Im going to share my top 10 “Holiday Moments”. And hopefully yall can relate!
1. You hide presents in the closet/garage/guest bedroom and then guard it like a club bouncer.
2. You let the kids help you decorate the tree – and rearrange it when they go to bed.
3. You do most of shopping on daily deal sites – in your jammies.
4. You think about making a list of what you have bought everyone but wing it and go by memory instead.
5. You use Santa as a way to have your kids behave in church/a restaurant /the grocery store.
6. You make a plan to gift wrap the presents early, get set up, and nap instead.
7. You find a toy that one of your kids “has to have” on sale – when said kid is with you.
8. You then turn into a ninja to purchase said toy without said child noticing.
9. You spend all day baking for an event only to send your hubby to deliver the goodies because you are too tired.
10. You ignore the kids “sneaking” cookies as you make them because at least they are quietly devouring them somewhere. [This one back fires a lot. But those 5 minutes of quiet are sometimes oh so worth it.]
And Im serious about the nap time parts too. Ryley took this picture of me one evening when we were all watching a Christmas movie as a family. [Aka mommy nap time.] Now that I’ve aired all my “Holiday MOMents” its time for you to fess up. [I can’t be the only one yall!] What’s your funniest/craziest/most special “Holiday MOMent”? You can also check out Sprout for more hilarious/outrageous/sweet or priceless MOMents from other moms. And make a fun little card like mine. Here’s to the holidays! [Right moms?!]
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Want more posts like this from the Grant life? Sign up for our emails!