Are you among the droves of people that go out and stay out all hours of the night to get the best deals (well atleast we hope it’s the best deals) on just hours after devouring a meal full of Thanksgiving?
- · Battle Buddy- Here’s the Army in me. LOL. Don’t go out there alone. I’m not saying it’s too dangerous- well in some cities it might be. Go with a friend. 1) It makes waiting time not as boring and 2) when you make the huge score you both can high five and be excited. I have gone out by myself before and it was not as fun. I was actually paranoid LOL- but it happened and I now prefer to always have a friend or family member with me.
- What you are going to buy– This I say for the big ticket items such as TV’s, gaming systems etc. I think phones will be pretty hot this year too actually. If you know you want one of the big ticket items, there will be waiting on your part. I’m not saying go camp out at Best Buy already. A good tip I figured out a couple years ago (unless it’s posted) ask a sales associate how many of the items (that you are vying for) will have for purchase when they open their doors. I have heard of stores that will keep back stock of some items and maybe you can score that way. But it’s a huge plus to know ahead of time. I hope you have been reviewing the Black Friday ads since they started leaking them in early October!
- Attire– Don’t show up in your heels and your tight jeans. It’s not a social event (well you will see just about everyone) be comfortable. Comfort is key. Layering your clothes is a great idea. I’m all about wearing jeans, good pair of tennis shoes, comfy t-shirt and a light jacket. You could possibly be waiting outside and depending on the weather in your area you may need a little more or a little less clothing.
- Store information– There’s nothing worse than not knowing where things are going to be. Wal-mart has gotten really good at this, by offering patrons maps of where everything will be. Genius Idea!
- Also what time does the sale start?! Some stores such as Wal-Mart that don’t close are continuously open so the line outside doesn’t form. There are marathon walkers going around and around the store waiting for the sale to begin.
- Car care– Oh yes mam! You don’t want to be driving around and have your car mess up on you. Make sure you are gassed up and check your tire pressure. If you have other mechanical issues going on- go with a friend and have her/him drive!
- Coupons– If you have them bring them! But first make sure that the stores will be taking them. I am in no way telling you to bring your binder of coupons, bring a few for the stores you are going to hit. Like a 20% off a (insert brand here) shirt or pair of shoes. If you are going to Target make sure you bring along your Target RedCard to get your additional 5% off your total purchase!!
- Cash or Credit– Make the decision on how much you are spending before you leave. I think it’s always a good idea to get as much as you can, but don’t over spend either. Try paying cash for most of it. That way you decrease your holiday credit debt.
- Carry some sustinence- Yes you might get a little hungry out there so pack a snack bar in your purse and def a bottle or two of water. Don’t worry about potty breaks after you score you things, you can run to the potty.