Check out this easy recipe for making your own chai spice mix at home!
Happy New Year friends! I hope Christmas and New Years were good to you! We were able to spend both holidays with friends and family – which is my favorite. On Christmas night we head over to my friend Lori’s house and just decompress from the day. Our kids are able to hang out with friends and show off their toys. It’s always a good time. Plus, they had just remodeled their kitchen so we got to see it finished for the first time.
It turned out so absolutely gorgeous. I could literally spend my whole day in there. It also made me want to come home and start tearing down cabinets at our house. Ryon said no. Sigh.
For New Years we were able to hang out with some other friends. We all went to dinner and then came home to watch the Michigan State football game. After the game ended, everyone headed home. I made it til 11:30. Not a very wild and crazy New Years, but it was fun.
I’m not big on New Years resolutions but I do love that I can re-focus on things. Family, friends and business wise. I spent all evening one night writing out goals for both real estate and the blog. I looked over my top posts on the site and expanded on them. Plus, I asked my email subscribers what they wanted to see and added those ideas to my editorial calendar.
I feel all adult-y with an editorial calendar.
So be on the look-out for more chai recipes. (My iced chai latte has been my number one post for a few years!) More one-pot dinners. And even some product reviews! And I’m starting off with this easy homemade chai spice mix. Because if you are going to make chai recipes – you need a good chai mix!
- 1 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 2½ teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon cloves, ground
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoon ginger, ground
- 3-4 star of anise pods, optional
- 3-4 whole cloves, optional
- Add all the spices to a small airtight jar and mix together.
- To make a cup of chai tea - add two black tea bags to 2 cups of water. Add in 2 tablespoons chai spice mix and bring to a boil. Remove from heat once it starts to boil and let steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour chai tea into a mug, add sugar (or choice of sweetener) and milk to taste.
Like this recipe? Be sure to check out:
Like it? PIN IT!