This copycat cheese danish will quickly become your new favorite breakfast!
Hey yall. I have a little bit of a secret to share. I love Starbucks. That’s no secret really. The big secret is that I am obsessed with their cheese danishes. I’d say about 80 percent of time I run by for a cup of coffee, I’ll grab a cheese danish. Gah. They are my favorite. So flaky and warm. And full of cream cheese goodness.
As much as I love them I always feel a little bad for buying one because they seem so easy to make. So this past weekend I decided to try my hand at making them at home.
I was so excited when I nailed the recipe at home. It was perfectly flaky and full of cream cheese goodness. Just like the Starbucks version! But at home! Which means I can make them anytime and even in my pajamas! Yessss!
I wasn’t the only happy one in the house – Ryon ate more then his fair share of these cheese danishes. We each had a couple the afternoon I made them then polished them off the next morning. I may have burned my mouth on hot cream cheese because I couldn’t wait for it to cool for breakfast.
Do you secretly love these cheese danishes from Starbucks as well? Since my love of these flaky pastries is no longer one, I thought I’d share the super easy recipe today. Just be sure to let the cream cheese cool before biting into one of these bad boys!
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking sheet.
- Unfold the puff pastry and slice it into small rectangles.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the pastries are cooking, whip together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Remove the pastries from the stove and use a spoon to press an oval into the center.
- Spoon a tablespoon into the oval and place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Allow to cook until the edges of the pastry are golden brown.
- Remove, allow to cool and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Be sure to check out:
Like it? PIN IT!