If you are anything like me then you love to try new recipes. Its fun to tweak an old recipe or come up with something completely new. I could spend hours in my kitchen creating new recipes for my family. As much fun as I have making new things to try, there are a few recipes that I seem to always come back to. One of them is this basic butter cake recipe. I always use this recipe when making cakes because its just so good! So I created a basic cake recipe printable to share with yall. Ya know, in case you are like me and hate having to run to the computer for a recipe!
I love printables. I print them out and use them as easy decor. I have the ingredient substitution printables proudly hanging in my kitchen. [Because I’m the substitution queen!] And now I can add this cake recipe print to my walls. [Holla!]
To print yours out – click on the image, save and print. It should print out nicely on a regular sheet of paper. Or you can get fancy and print it out on cardstock. I have the ingredient substitution printables hanging on a clipboard on my wall. Not super fancy but its cute and easy to see when I’m baking. I’m thinking I may do something similar for this cake print. But no matter how you display yours, once you print it out you should be ready bake some butter cakes!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in between.
- Add the vanilla, oil and milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until all lumps are gone.
- Spray pans with cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Let cool completely.
Like this post? Be sure to check out:
- Strawberry cake with lemon butter cream frosting [I used the basic cake recipe and added strawberries!]
- Ricotta cake
- Reese’s brownies
Or sign up for our emails and never miss a post!